Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Am I wasting my time?

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    like any product your skills must be marketed, else you must be fortunate enough to have forged a relationship in the right circles

    i'm waiting for my own circle to take shape, that circle will then become a link in the larger industry. perhaps.

    ------------------
    N305UDB M173UBM
    (B55VOR)
    (WGO963W)

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Jim Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I make my movies at home and I was a Beta tester for the Pinnacle DC30Plus PC editing card a few years ago.

    I quite enjoyed the experience but I would find it hard if not impossible to put up with that sort of s**t today, but it was a good experience at the time.

    I do not make many videos as I have a decent business outside video making, which takes up a good bit of my time.

    The SIV's that I do produce are well made and I take my time and put a lot of care and effort into making them.

    I started with a Sharp VHS-C camcorder more than 12 years ago and to my amazement people seemed to like my stuff.

    I do not try to analyse to hard what I'm doing right, I just work hard at it and the hard works seems to payoff.

    I try to glean info from many sources, but in the main, I do my own thing.

    I have shown my latest creation to several people who are involved in the subject and they were amazed at the content and were please with the final production.

    From beginning to end i.e. from researching through to final production took over 12 years.

    Rome was not built in a day, but I'm glad I took my time, as I think I have managed to produce a product I'm at least happy with.

    I have learned quite a lot along the way and I try to pass on some that experience before I forget it.

    I realise that many people may say to you that something cannot be done, that was maybe true near to that time, but with technology marching along at a merry pace lots of things are now possible that weren't possible not so long ago.

    For example, like me editing video on and PC and filming with a 3CCD colour camera that fits in the palm of my hand and results that look every bit as good if not better than we see on TV.

    Frustration and anger are the destroyers of creative thought.

    Jim Bird.


    ------------------

  3. #13
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Last point well taken.

    ------------------

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually I find some of my best writing comes out of anger and frustration-I just give it a voice.

    But i'm not knocking your sentiments Jim.

    ------------------
    Watch your back Mr Jordan!

  5. #15
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Last point well taken.

    But if you can see an entire treatment in a second of thought and sit down to; using your example write it out but the pencil keeps breaking?

    How did you get to be a beta tester jim!

    I mean really let's bring a little firepower to the situation.

    Chance used the phrase "I Rock" and I agree to the extent that when I sit down to edit.

    Edit!

    I want to be playing an insturment like a piano not trying to jumpstart a broken lawn mower.

    If you know your goal and know your clips having the software or a specific question unanswered get in the way is.....

    INFURIATING!

    Software designers are not movie makers and the reverse is true.

    But technology has caused us to form an uneasy aliance.

    Or hopefully will

    I can not really say more without sounding self-agrandising, foolish, or fuzzy eyed.

    Thanks for the opportunity to discuss.
    Just because I do not comment does not mean I am not reading.

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Jim Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    There are a lot of c**p PCs and software out there.

    Even Apple MAC users, who think the sun shines out of their computers, get their fair share of problems.

    Most video editing product manufacturers, have web sites which give you lists of hardware which is known to work with their offerings.

    With so many products, new and old available, it's difficult for manufacturers to keep up to date. However, the best ones do upgrade their products especially drivers and they make them available for download on the web for free.

    One of the best manufacturers of video editing software/hardware is a company called Canopus, they make several reliable and stable DV editing cards, complete with software and they provide the recommended lists of hardware that work with their products.

    Jim Bird.

    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •